(Giveaway winner announced here: Wilton Giveaway Winners! Thanks to all for your participation :-))
Before I get further, it’s Tenacious Tinkering’s 1st BIRTHDAY!!!!!
*cue to cheers & claps*
As cheesy as this sounds, I didn’t think I’d go on with this for as long as I did. And in the last few months, it’s been hard to keep this space updated regularly. Ever since I moved over to become self-hosted, view have dropped steadily making me wonder if this is worthwhile. I’ve been considering whether I should just let this go but you know what? I’m going to give this another year and see if I make it to 2 years. 🙂 After all, in the end of the day, this blog is made for me and me alone. My chronicles, my records and my food.
Just to celebrate my little special moment, I’d like to share the joy with my dear dear readers! More about that later. 😉
Anyway, I was giving some thought about whether I want to do the traditional cake thing for this special occasion? But… no. I don’t make pretty birthday cakes. I’m the kind that bakes a cake and serves it as it is with no frosting. That’s not very special. So I figured sharing a recipe that exemplifies what I do in real life would be more in the spirit of Tenacious Tinkering.
Enter Miso Baked Wings! Easy, quick and no-fuss, this is the epitome of my ideal meal. I made a big batch of this to be eaten over several meals too. Leftovers = best gift ever!
This is so easy right? Just how I like my recipes. 😉
Before I forget, here comes my 1st blogiversary giveaway! One reader will win a set of Wilton 3-piece Silicon Spatula set while another reader will receive a Wilton Non-Stick Medium Cookie Sheet Pan! I don’t specifically use this brand but I have to say I use my sheet pan and spatulas A LOT in the kitchen. Even in this particular recipe!
To be entered into this giveaway, all you have to do is to leave a comment below telling me what is the first recipe you’ll try if you win either one of these swanky items!
For extra entries, you can subscribe to this blog and all my other social media accounts found on the top right corner of the blog. With the subscription of this blog & each media, you are entitled to an extra entry indicating that you have subscribed.
This worldwide giveaway ends on 31st October 2013. Thanks for joining me on this special day!
Sponsored by yours truly.
“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.” (1 Timothy 4:10)
- 15 Chicken Wings, drummett separated
- 2 tbsp Awase Miso Paste
- 5 cloves Garlic, grated or minced
- 1½ tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Mix up miso paste, grated garlic, mirin & soy sauce in a bowl.
- In a ziplock bag, toss in chicken wings.
- Add marinade mixture into the bag and close it up. Smoosh the chicken pieces around to ensure that the marinade has coated every piece of chicken very well.
- Leave to marinade at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken wings and leave on the counter for 15-20 minutes so they aren't too cold.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 360F or 180C.
- Line 2 broiling pans or cookie sheet pans with parchment paper if preferred.
- Lay chicken pieces in a single layer, giving about 1 inch between each piece.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the wings are nicely brown and fully cooked.
- Serve as finger food or as a side!