You all would know by now that chicken drumsticks are my good friends especially when I need something quick, easy and doesn’t wreck my poor brain. That goes for the mornings when I prepare lunch and in the evenings after work. I never like to wreck my brain for anything. ehem.
I had a bit of tomato puree leftover from another recipe and had to finish it up before it turns moldy in the dark forgotten corner of my little fridge. So I decided to mix a bunch of stuff up together and slather them on chicken drumsticks.
I used some lavender mustard, tomato puree, honey, soy sauce & olive oil. All rather strong ingredients that work well superbly. I didn’t include any salt and pepper here because I always season my chicken with salt and pepper before freezing them.
I like to think of this as my quick BBQ sauce. Did I pass?
“For even Christ pleased not Himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on Me.” (Romans 15:3)
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Mustard (I used Lavender Mustard)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F.
- In a bowl, mix together salt, pepper, tomato puree, soy sauce, honey, mustard & olive oil.
- Make 2 slashes on each chicken drumstick.
- Slather sauce over the drumsticks.
- Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes until drumsticks are golden brown and glazed.