I am a terribly fickle person when it comes to favourites. I can never settle on my favourite colour, food, season, flavour etc. I cannot limit myself to just ONE favourite!
However when it comes to certain days of the year, I have my favourites. Note that I still refuse to pick ONE although I have my biases. My birthday goes without saying. Then my wedding anniversary, our courtship anniversary, my hubby’s birthday (can you tell I’m a sap?), Chinese New Year (family gathering time!), Sunday School Prize Giving (next Sunday!)… Then there are months that I love, like my birthday month (yes yes yes, I know), December (because everyone loves the end of the year), June (Christian conference month chock-full of encouraging and edifying ministry meetings to go to).
I now have a new favourite month. NOVEMBER! Wait… November is already my favourite month because it’s hubby’s birthday month. But I love it doubly more because I just discovered it’s Peanut Butter Lovers Month! Some people say it’s “National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month” and I say scrap the National part because:
- I’m not part of the indicated nation
- Peanut butter love is international (it is?!)
- I love peanut butter a lot and I want in on the festivities!
So, in conjunction with this notable month, I am sharing with you a fabulous blondie recipe that’s just great without but made so much more incredible with the addition of peanut butter swirls. Now, I copied the recipe from off Anne aka Uni Homemaker. Hers was 1,000x crazy with Nutella swirls but I ran out! I only had 1 measly tablespoon left in the jar so improvisation was in order. What a happy accident this was.
Totally Instagram worthy!
I think this picture got the most likes I’ve ever had on a picture. So if you want to improve your standing on Instagram, make this and post. Guaranteed success. Yes, you can quote me on that.
HAPPY PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS MONTH, Y’ALL!
“I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause.” (Job 5:8)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter, melted (I used regular salted; add ½ tsp Salt if using unsalted butter)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice (contains Nutmeg, Cinnamon & Allspice)
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (3/4 cup into the batter & reserve ¼ cup for topping)
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Using a whisk, mix together sugar & butter.
- Add egg & milk, mixing till combined.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder & spices until just moistened.
- Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips. Scrape batter into the prepared pan & spread evenly with a spatula.
- Dollop Nutella & peanut butter over the batter alternatedly. Using the tip of a butter knife, swirl Nutella & peanut butter into the batter to marble it. You can go relatively erratic on this but try not to overdo.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-28 mins or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, and the edges begin to slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into the pan.
- Indulge with a tall glass of milk!
Recipe adapted from: http://unihomemaker.com/2013/10/15/nutella-swirl-chocolate-chip-blondies/