After that indulgent blondie recipe 2 days ago, it’s time for a healthier.. um.. greener recipe. Everyone needs balance aye. I wish I could have chocolate and peanut butter and cake all day everyday but life isn’t all about fluff. It’s also consist of crunch, grit, bite… Well, this just got deep. Back to my original point, as much as I love my sweets, I desperately need greens and plant products after too much indulgence. Even then, this asparagus stirfry felt like an indulgent dish albeit healthier. I love textural variety in my food so I opted to use asparagus, oyster mushrooms, silken tofu, tiny shrimp and garlic. The oyster sauce and salt came later.
Since I promised you stirfry (hence the title), we begin with the garlic and mushrooms. Then seasonings, shrimp & finally the tofu. It was over so quickly that I could barely get a decent picture whilst trying not to burn my food.
What’s that purply potato thing at the background, you ask? Come back on
Monday Thursday (edit: I got distracted) and I’ll tell you. 😉
“But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
- 30 spears (appz 8oz or 250gm) Asparagus
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 block Silken Tofu, cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 10-12 small Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Water
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- To prepare the asparagus spears, hold the tip and the end of each spear and give it a bend. Where it clicks off at the end can be discarded as that marks the stringy tough bits.
- Heat up a grill pan on HIGH and grill off the asparagus spears in a single layer for 1 minute per side for char marks. Remove and reserve.
- In a stirfry pan, heat up oil on MED HIGH.
- Toss in garlic and stir briefly. Quickly add in shrimp and mushrooms.
- Stir in water, oyster sauce, pinch of salt & pepper and leave until shrimp turns bright orange.
- Toss in tofu and give it several careful stirs, trying not to mash them up.
- Add in asparagus to warm up.
- Dish up and serve immediately!