I haven’t posted a proper breakfast recipe since my Blueberry Granola Parfait. Despite not being very consistent with having breakfast, it’s really my favourite meal of the day. I haven’t met a single breakfast item that I didn’t like. Waffles? Yes. Pancakes? Yes. Eggs? Yes. Sandwiches? Double yes.
If I can have sandwich for breakfast, lunch & dinner? Score. I’d say my love for sandwiches can totally rival my obsession with noodles. And one of the top fillings I love in sandwiches is eggs. Any way shape or form. Egg salad, sunny side up, scrambled, poached… I’m not fussy. But the best of all is bread soaked with egg and fried in butter. French toasted sandwich!
If I had room service breakfast in bed, I’d order this.
It’s the weekend tomorrow! What will you be having for breakfast?
“And all the people came early in the morning to Him in the temple, for to hear Him.” (Luke 21:38)
- 2 Italian Herb Buns, halved
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Anchovy Paste
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 slices Ham
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 2 tbsp grated Cheddar Cheese (1 tbsp per sandwich or more to taste)
- 4-5 fresh Basil leaves
- Beat eggs with milk & anchovy paste.
- Press cut-side down of both buns (4 halves) into the egg mixture. Leave to soak for 1-2 minutes. Only soak ONE side of the bun.
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over MED heat. Be careful not to burn.
- Place bun halves soaked-side and let them fry for about 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove bun halves to a plate.
- If there is leftover eggy mixture, pour into pan and fry as scrambled egg.
- Layer filling on the bottom sides of both buns starting with cheese, ham, cheese again, basil & scrambled egg. Place top on top.
- Serve warm!