I’ve had this pack of cured meats in my freezer for at least 1 year. 1 year because I forgot it was even in there. This happens one time too many. Thankfully I spied it from the corner of my eyes and finally put it to good use. I went on an overkill though cos I used a too much. The pasta turned out rather salty but I’ve adjusted the recipe to balance the flavours out. Nonetheless, a nicely spiced and simple pasta dish! I mean, good as a side to all that roast, turkey and what-nots you’re going to have this holiday season.
“It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day He rested, and was refreshed.” (Exodus 31:17)
- 8 oz (250gm) Capellini (Angel Hair)
- 4 slices Salchichon Sausage
- 4 slices Serrano Ham
- 6 slices Chorizo
- 1 Onion, peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 3 Tomato, chopped
- 10 Black Olives, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Milk
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, render the meats for about 2 mins until oils are released & meats are lightly brown. Spoon out meats and tear into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Pour out excess oil but save 2 tbsp. Sauté sliced onions until softened & translucent.
- Toss in garlic, tomatoes & olives and stir around. Let tomatoes soften and break down slightly, about 2 mins.
- Pour in milk & bring to a simmer.
- Mix in cooked pasta & cured meats.
- Serve immediately!