Uh huh. I’m back with YET another roast chicken recipe. I have at least 5 roast chicken recipes on here already. I’ll link them below if you’re interested. I like to tell myself that they are all different but who am I kidding? Same method, same idea, just different seasonings and toppings. And I still want to share them with you regardless. Cos I’m generous like that. 😛
I love to spatchcock chicken. More even cooking and, more importantly, less cooking time.
After laying the slicked up chicken on top of sliced onions and whole garlic cloves, I decided that this chicken can do with some lemon juice for browning and flavour. No particular logic for this except that I just love lemon. A lot.
We don’t waste anything over here. 😉
Stay tuned for how I used leftover chicken… soon.
If you love roasted chicken like we do, here’s some past recipes I’ve shared. You know, for you to have a look and maybe try.
“And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.” (Acts 13:48)
- 1 whole Roasting Chicken, spatchcocked
- ⅓ cup Butter, soft
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs
- ¼ tsp ground Black Pepper
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 bulb Garlic, broken into cloves but unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 220C or 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, Italian herbs, chilli powder, salt, lemon zest & pepper.
- Lay onion slices & garlic cloves evenly on a roasting pan.
- Rub butter mixture all over chicken on both sides & under the skin if possible.
- Place chicken on the onion slices, skin side up.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken.
- Sprinkle extra chilli powder over.
- Roast for 1 hour until golden brown.
- Serve as is or carved.