The weather these days are hot, hazy, dusty… and with the current water rationing happening here, it sometimes feel a little crazy. Today, the water supply at my workplace was cut off without much prior notice. It would be that 2 days on-2 days off type of rationing. The water pressure at home is low. It rained proper once in 2 months. We’re living in a desert here, people!
What other drinks do you make during hot hot summer days? I need new ideas. 😉
Thanks in advance!
**PS: Something exciting is coming to the blog next week in conjunction to the month of March, my birthday month! Yeah, I’m moving up the age chart. Haha.. Come drop by and join in the birthday fun!
“But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.” (Isaiah 33:21)
- 2 stalks fresh Lemongrass, white parts crushed
- 2 pieces Raw Rock Sugar (or 1 cup Sugar)
- 2 cup Water
- 1 wedge Lemon (optional)
- Place lemongrass, rock sugar & water into a sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil & reduce ti a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover and leave to steep for another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in a glass jar.
- For every cup of lemongrass drink, use 2-3 tbsp syrup and top with water. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Quench your thirst!