Corn seems to be bursting at the seams in the market recently. All sorts and types everywhere. We went to a night market recently and the seller said that these local corn are called “Crystal Corn” because the kernels are light, shiny and clear.
So for the lazybugs like me, I prefer to make a simple salad out of Corn, Avocado, Scallions, Coriander, Lime Juice, Salt & Pepper. I would have added in some tomatoes if I had some… but nevermind. Simple is good!
How will you be using corn this season?
You can try this Shitake Corn Soup too!
“For He received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to Him from the excellent glory, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (2 Peter 1:17)
- 2 ears Corn, shucked
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 3 strands Spring Onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped Coriander (less if prefer milder flavour)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Grill both ears of corn over direct stove flames or a grill, turning them around with kitchen tongs as they lightly char, about 2 minutes total.
- Leave to cool slightly before handling.
- Cut kernels out by holding cob vertically and sliding a sharp knife downwards, avoiding the tough centre. Leftover cob can be saved for broth making!
- Toss corn kernels, cubed avocado, spring onions, coriander, lime juice, salt & pepper. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve as is or cool from the fridge!