The fact that I love carbs, pasta in particular, comes as no surprise to anyone. I mean, I have upwards of 20 pasta/noodles recipe on this blog already. What I like about pasta it can be prepared as simply as you like or as tedious as you prefer. I’ll share with you my brother’s Pasta Bolognese one of these days.
Today, however, we want to enjoy the sunshine and savour from the brightness of fresh produce. Long simmering sauces have their place and time. But warm weather calls for zippy meals with maximum oomph!
I had it with a few pinches of creamy brie to balance out the salty spicy chorizo and sour lemon juice. Yums!
- 8 oz (250 gm) Asparagus spears, fibrous ends clicked off & cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 Chorizo Sausage, cubed
- 2 Tomatoes, cubed
- 8-9 dry-cured Black Olives, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 7 oz (200 gm) Pasta of any shape (I used a mix of spirals & teddies)
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil pasta in plenty of well-salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a large stirfry pan heat up olive oil in MED heat. Stirfry chorizo for 2 mins until some oil is released.
- Toss in minced garlic, olives & tomatoes. Stirfry until tomatoes have softened.
- Add asparagus & lemon juice.
- Pasta should be al dente by now. Drain & toss into chorizo & tomato mixture.
- Adjust seasoning with more lemon juice or pasta cooking water if needed.
- Serve up immediately with a few pinches of brie if desired.