Having healthy and filling meals takes a little more planning, a little more thought. Not all that much but it makes all the difference. It’s so much easier to have cup noodles or walk over to the nearby restaurant for a take-away. Perhaps sometimes this is needed. Not today though.
I wanted to have something heavier than salad but not so heavy that it would make me sleepy after lunch. Sweet potatoes to the rescue!
Looks like a pretty full meal there, don’t you think?
“Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.” (2 Chronicles 20:15)
- 1 Japanese Sweet Potato, washed well & dried
- Preheat oven on 400F or 200C.
- Place sweet potato onto a roasting pabn, dry without moisture or oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer or fork pierces the flesh easily.
- Remove from oven and cut lengthwise.
- Serve as is or top with favourite toppings.